Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Thursday, August 27

Crochet Frenzy - Day 2

MORE examples of hats and scarves made for donation. More to come tomorrow before we get back to sewing!




More hat and scarf sets for donation.

Hard to tell on the one below, but there is a hat on the left.





QUESTION OF THE DAY - I remember a wool knit hat when I was a kid that itched and scratched and was terrible - even worse, it tied under the chin and scratched there. That was the worst hand-crafted item I've ever owned. What is your WORST MEMORY of a handcrafted item from childhood?

No comments: