Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Wednesday, August 26

Crochet Frenzy - Day 1

I've spent a lot of the summer in a crochet frenzy! My friend Paula in Devon is part of a group that prepares holiday boxes for children in eastern Europe. A local charity actually travels there and presents the boxes. They usually include a scarf and hat in the box.

SOOOOOO I decided making hats and scarfs would be a great way to practice my crochet again. I've gone a bit nuts, so this is going to take a few days to show. First up, the sets of hats and scarfs I've made.






QUESTION of the Day: Are you donating your handwork to to charities? If so, which one and what are you doing? Share your work by putting a link in comments.

No comments: