Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Monday, August 31

A Few New Simplicity Patterns & A Few More Burda

Ok, its time to stop dreaming and start doing, isn't it? A few more items on the fire to think about first though.

These two new SIMPLICITY patterns are from the fall line. The jacket 2543 is quite nice - and I like view B in the blue as well. The wrap blouse 2595 is showing up all over the sewing internet and seems like a very versatile and interesting garment. I'd like to get both done.































And there are two blouses in the September Burda I'm interested in. They are basically the same pattern, with different details. The first is from their Folkloric section. They suggest taking the collar to a professional pleater. No such animal for miles around this area. I am thinking I can check with a local heirloom sewing shop, if they are still around. I'm sure they would have suggestions.


















And the second is the same blouse, with smaller cuffs and a nice tie at the neck. Seems quite nice, easy to make and versatile to wear.


No comments: