BURDA has really been on it the past several months. They have had lots of great designs that I'd love to grab, both plus and non-plus. I used to be fairly adept at enlarging patterns, so I may give that a try if I go for some of the non-plus on the list. CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE!!
- Love this dress! I don't think the photo does anything for it, but I love it from the drawing. I have some long-aging dark emerald green crepe with white oriental flowers on branches - that would be great for this one. I'm thinking I'd lengthen the sleeves a bit, but other than that, this works for me. This is from the September BWOF plus section.
- Same issue of Burda, but a different feeling. Love this long coat with blouse and skirt. I have some lovely beige wool crepe that would be almost a replica, as well as some other wool to consider. This is on the definite list. The same jacket is shown shorter with a collar, and I'll have to think about which I'd really go for.
- Very cute little wool cape. From BWOF July or August issue. I doubt the style is really the best for me, and it is a non-plus design, but it could be really cute in my imagination.
- Another non-plus from the September BWOF. I love the gathers at the shoulder and back yoke. I think this would be an easy upsize and a smashing blouse. Again the styling of the photo doesn't really allow you to see the details of the blouse, but I really like it.
- I really love the September issue, can you tell? Another non-plus, but look at that coat. Just absolutely love it - what impact. It would be a bit more work to up-size this, but it would be Spec-tac-ular! (Yes there seems to be a theme of the dusty lavender - that only plays a small part in my selections.)
- Then something I've had on my list for a while. This motorcycle type jacket is from one of the spring issues of BWOF, in plus size. The photo on the left is from the magazine, and here is the line drawing. The photo on the right a great jacket I'd want to model mine on - it is distressed and dyed leather. I found it somewhere on the web, but I'm not sure where. Apologies = if anyone knows, please notify me in comments. I am wondering about a silk body for the jacket? With that sort of dyed/distressed looking design. It would be great for almost anything.
- Another coordinated suit, this time with Frock Coat - from the fall Burda Plus. Don't have the line drawing but again it would be great for almost any event.
- Two great tops from the fall Burda Plus. I just love the first one and I think I've got lots of stash that would make this a favorite. The second is a knit and I think it would be great for the winter.
So those are my fav's for fall. I hope, after baby sewing and Christmas sewing starting, I can get going on something good for me.