Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Wednesday, August 19

Limited Time Free Access - Explor the Commercial Pattern Archive



Here is something to while away the hours on a rainy night. The Commercial Pattern Archive at the University of Rhode Island is allowing free access to its VAST collection of pattern images, for this week only. You can log in as: GUEST with the password of: PATTERN. The patterns include those from magazines as well as the commercial lines.

The jacket is from fall 1914, Weldon's Ladies Journal. The second from Simplicity, and the final two from Vogue in the 40's. I think I like the designer Pacquin, but what about that red hat?

No comments: