Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Tuesday, October 6


Here are three of my latest vintage pattern finds. The dress to the left is copywriter 1964. It looks very "Petula Clark" (for those of you who are boomer age). "I know a place" where this could quite nicely fit in.

The coat pattern below is probably from a few years earlier. I snagged it because I'd tried on a pink velveteen coat at an antique mall earlier this year that is almost exactly the same style as the coat on the right, but didn't get it. And have been regretting it.

Finally, the summer top must be from the early 50's, but I'm not certain. Don't know why I got it - just appealed for some reasons.

I have a stack of vintage patterns and magazines that I've purchased in the past few months that I will scan and post from time to time this month. I hope you enjoy it.



No comments: