Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Thursday, October 8

Pattern Review Wardrobe Contest

After considerable deliberation, and hesitation, I've decided to enter Pattern Review.com's Wardrobe Contest. You must sew 10 pieces that all cordinate, using at least one a patterned fabric and one item being a topper.

The graphic on the left is my sewing plan. My first project will be the navy wool suit (on the top right side) and an off-white pearlized silk (second top from left).

All the items I've chosen are from Burda. One of my goals this year was to make at least one item from Burda, and here I've set up 10. I substiuted a dress for one of the tops.










As long as I was making a plan, I decided to include one for some supplemental sewing after the contest ends. These are featured on the page to the left.

Now I don't really expect to finish it all up by December 1st, but that could happen. It will give me some guidance and structure to make sure things get done sooner rather than later.

No comments: