Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Saturday, February 2

Good Progress on Clothing


I did not get as much done today as I'd hoped, but I made some progress on the top and dress I have planned. I got both items cut out.

I used a new rotary cutter today to cut these patterns out. It is an ergonomic cutter. I really liked it - it was easy to use and quite comfortable. I usually have a sore wrist after rotary cutting, but not tonight! I understand from the woman in the shop where I bought this cutter, that she uses it while sitting down - you don't have to stand over the item to cut it. I have not tried that, but I sure would like to do so.

I hope to sew tomorrow and get the top done, and, perhaps, a big piece of the dress. I am a bit concerned about the knit fabric in the dress. It seems to have lost quite a lot of body after washing. I hope it will be OK!




No comments: