Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Saturday, February 2

Pending Projects

Yes, I know I just put up my MUST DO in 2008 projects in the column to the right. But I still have ideas about other things I want to do:


1. Last night, I felted a light green wool sweater, a cream wool skirt and a pink wool jacket. I also did a light blue sweater that was 50% angora and 50% nylon - and it felted wonderfully. I bought these items at the 50% off sale at the big Goodwill yesterday. My plan is to use these items to make the purse shown on the front of Inspirations.

2. I want to organize and decorate my sewing room. It is painted a lovely light green. I found some linen that is striped with pink, rose, green and brown. I've also ordered some light pink linen (from fabric.com for $1.99 minus 25%!!). In addition, I have a few pieces of upholstery, one that is pin and white and one that is light green and white. My plan is to make skirts from the pink and striped linen for the three tables I have in the sewing room. Then use the remnants and the other fabrics to make sewing machine covers for my two machines, a sewing machine matt, and various matching accessories, including a ham and a sleeve roll.


3. By the middle of March, I want to make an I-SPY quilt for the little Zman for his third birthday. He is more than ready for this quilt - I've got a number of fabrics cut and ready to do.


4. I did make it to Hancocks in time to get the 75% off price on Vogue patterns - just!! The announcement of closing in 20 minutes was just being made when I walked in the door. I did get my Oscar de la Renta pattern (see previous post), and also picked up one of the Sandra Betzina Today's Fit - V2967, a "keyhole" top. I like the long sleeve version. I have some darker silk that might be interesting in this design.


5. And then I have this closet full of fabric to make clothing. Projects to be determined!



No comments: