Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Sunday, February 3

Making Progress

I have been sewing today on the Simplicity top. I found I had to reduce the shoulders by about an inch on each side. Other than that, the design is fine. However the fabric I used is a B***H - it ravels constantly. It has made fitting more difficult. It is all put together however, awaiting the hem on the body and sleeves. I had to stop as my shoulders were aching.

I am going to switch back to my Viking. The Singer is nice, but for some reason the stitch length isn't a happy thing -I've been trying to get a zig zag that works, but it is either huge or tiny. So back to old reliable and keep the Singer for embrodiery!

No comments: