I have been sewing today on the Simplicity top. I found I had to reduce the shoulders by about an inch on each side. Other than that, the design is fine. However the fabric I used is a B***H - it ravels constantly. It has made fitting more difficult. It is all put together however, awaiting the hem on the body and sleeves. I had to stop as my shoulders were aching.
I am going to switch back to my Viking. The Singer is nice, but for some reason the stitch length isn't a happy thing -I've been trying to get a zig zag that works, but it is either huge or tiny. So back to old reliable and keep the Singer for embrodiery!