Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Saturday, March 8

Quilt Top Prepared

OK, since the big snow started, I've been burning up the sewing machine - but I've also sort of lost track of what day it is! On Wednesday night and part of Thursday, I put together the I-SPY quilt for my little grandson, Zman. The DH was nice enough to hold up the top so I could get a big photo. I have sewn together 4 inche squares, then added the ABC's. The border is Bailey pattern by Anna Griffin. I was afraid it would be too busy with the variety of patches, but it looks fine. I held up a plain fabric, but it was too plain.
Anyway, I need to get this quilted. I think I will back it with flannel, which makes nice lightweight quilt and holds the cotton top in place. I must get this done as his birthday is rapidly approaching!

No comments: