Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Wednesday, March 5

Special Non-Wearable Project

I'm putting the clothing sewing on hold for a few days. I have a special project for a special boy!

My g-son Zman will be 3 at the end of March, and it is more than time for an I-SPY quilt for him.

Shown are 12 of the patches of representational fabrics I will use. I have a ton more - I've been collecting for a year!

Of course, I will still be thinking about what I will sew afterwards - perhap even hatch an idea for the Wardrobe Refashion!

No comments: