Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Sunday, March 9

Finally Finished - Simplicity 3804 Red Knit Dress



Here it is, finished (but not ironed!), and hanging on a hanger in the office doorway. This one was a struggle, but I have it to the point it is acceptable. I had to take off the cuffs and reduce them in size, and narrow the bottom of the sleeve. I am still somewhat concerned about the fabric - after washing it is much more sheer than before.

I am going to write a review for Pattern Review tomorrow or Monday. I will take a photo wearing it then. Rating - sort of ho hum.

It has been snowing here for two days, so running to the store to get thread isn't really possible. There has been a Level 3 Emergency that does not allow driving. I included the second photo to show how close to running out of the red thread I came - the remaining piece was about 10 inches long after I pulled it out of the machine!

No comments: