Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Saturday, December 20

Busy Sewing Day, But No Photos


Well after my late night sewing on Thursday, I was determined to take a break. Maybe follow the example of this little lady, being good and going to bed before Santa arrives. And that determination worked - until about 11:30 last night. Then I got the wild hair to make a tree skirt for the tree in the dining room. It was going to be a simple one - and I guess it was. DH came upstairs just as I whipped out the last stitch, at 2:08 a.m. So that was done.

Then this morning, I decided that I needed to make a table runner that coordinated. And, five and a half hours later, I have finally completed a BIG table runner - well all except the binding. I just dropped out - my shoulders hurt from all that sewing.

SO tomorrow I hope to finish off the binding, then take photos. I also want to sew a few other things tomorrow, so stay tuned.

No comments: