Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Friday, December 19

HELP How do you sew pinch pleated drapery???

OK this is a secret question. I took my mother off the distribution list so I could ask.

How do you use pleating tapes to make pinch pleats? I looked at header tape at Joannes, but I couldn't figure out how you would use it. I made curtains before, but never pinch pleats. And mum uses pinch pleats on her window.

The fabric I have for this project is about 5.75 yards long - it is 52 wide. She has a window that needs 72 wide and 68 long.

I have lining fabric too. Can anyone set me straight?? How do I use that pleating tape??

Sally

No comments: