Aunt Emily

Emily Bowyer Hammel was my father's older sister. She was the dearest person I've ever known. Over several adolescent summers, she patiently taught me how to sew and how to cook. I loved her. Sadly, she has been gone these few years and I miss her very much. However, I am carrying on her legacy of sewing and trying to carry on her legacy of caring.

Wednesday, April 1

BurdaStyle has a new plus sized dress

If you aren't familiar with BurdaStyle, click the title above and you will wing your way to their website. They have patterns for download that range from free to $4.00, and posts from people around the world who have made the piece.

This Monday, BStyle has a new plus sized dress pattern for download. The Katherine is described as:
Our fun, simple Kathrine dress is easy to sew and easy to wear. We love the fitted back with pleat and the full, loose movement in the front. Have fun accessorizing it, perhaps with multiple, brightly colored silk sashes, trendy bow ties, or piles of chunky necklaces. The Plus version of the Kathrine has bust darts to better accommodate the Plus figure.


PLUS Size Pattern Link (SIZE 48-60)


Misses Size Link (size 34-46)

The same technical drawing is presented for both patterns. The photos of the plus size version do not show the dress off as well as they could. I'm not certain of how I feel about this dress - I might consider making it, but the way it is shown doesn't thrill me at all. The technical drawing looks interesting, so there may be a possibility there.

No comments: